Social Media - Leveraging your CRM to Maximize Marketing Efforts
Social Media and the mobile environment are rapidly and dramatically blurring the lines of the traditional channels utilized for drawing company awareness and brand recognition.
Regardless of your marketing focus, B2B or B2C, and whether you’re promoting hard goods or offering services there are some statistics that you should be aware of.
Social Media and Mobile Global Expansion continues at alarming rates!
- Global Active Internet Users now total 3.175 Billion; that’s nearly half of the world’s population (7.357 Billion)
- There are 3.734 Billion Unique Mobile Users as of this quarter, accounting for a 51% worldwide penetration
- 925 Billion users utilize their mobile devices for Social Media platforms
- Social Media users have risen by 176 Million in the last year
- 365 Million active mobile social users have been added over the same time span, an incredible total growth of 541 Million
- Facebook adds 500,000 new users every day; 6 new profiles every second
- Mobile users constitute half of the world’s population, and 2 million smart phones are sold worldwide every single day
- 12 new active mobile social users are added every second, that’s 1 Million per day
Source: Social MediaToday
Lead Generation thru Social Media
As technology progresses with increased usage of CRM software, the internet continues to grow as the sales and marketing connectivity vehicle. The essence of marketing is to get the consumer to know who you are and what you sell, and care enough to buy it from you instead of your competitor.
With all the options available that enable communications between the social media channels and your CRM, these databases are gaining strength as the ideal engine for lead generation. Greater customer insight and intelligence is the key to reaching potential customers, and gaining their attention.
A good CRM software application can help your company to identify what works for you, prioritize sales-ready leads, help your sales team reach the right people, and analyze the ROI of your marketing campaigns. In this way, a CRM application can not only generate leads, but optimize your sales and marketing efforts and help your business to grow.
“Many people primarily use social media as a publishing tool when they should be using it as an engagement tool. There is nothing wrong with promoting your own content, but the ratio needs to lean more heavily on engagement. Engage and promote other content first. Promote yourself second.” - deGeyeter (@StoneyD)
Salesforce and Social Media Marketing
If you’re already running Salesforce, or considering Salesforce as your CRM solution, there are a host of options available to connect to the various social media communities. There are free apps within the app exchange (iTunes for Salesforce) that can automatically tie Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. into your lead and case processes.
With the Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Radian6, you’ll have access to a full suite of modules all developed to effectively deliver your company’s messaging, track activities of potential clients and allow you to react to comments and questions about your products or brand as they happen.
- Journey Builder
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Predictive Intelligence
- Content and Messaging
- Web Personalization
**Jumpstart your Social Media marketing program today by combining the strengths of the Salesforce platform with the expertise of CRM Manager, with over 1000 successful implementations, to get you up and running.