Tips to Getting the Most out of Dreamforce 2014
Let’s face it – Dreamforce ’14 is going to be an epic event with so much to do in so little time. Whether it’s your first, third, or seventh time, you can never be too prepared. We’ve compiled a list of tips for you from our very own veteran Dreamforce attendees.
- Plan it Out. Make a plan of which sessions you want to attend. There are hundreds of sessions at Dreamforce and in various locations, so it can be overwhelming. But if you make a plan before you go, it will help you get the most out of your time.
- Start Early. Sessions will fill up fast. After making your sessions plan, mark your calendar and be ready to register as soon as they open.
- Don’t Give Up. If a session you want is no longer available, keep checking, they add more up to 1 wee k prior.
- Know the Lay of the Land – Review the tradeshow floor map. Know where the vendors are located so that you can visit as many as possible. Make sure you’ve factored in that time when building your agenda.
- Exhibitors - Review the list of exhibitors and make a list of the ones you want to visit. There’s no way you will be able to stop at every booth, so look at the list by industry, solution type, specialty and then create a short-list. Visit them early and that will leave you some extra time. You will certainly see other exhibitors that will catch your eye.
- Dreamforce Mobile App. Use the Dreamforce app and follow the chatter feeds for your sessions. It will be your best friend on site.
- Chat it Up. Join the DF Chatter feed and find like-minded folks or companies to meet up with and share experiences
- Be Social. Introduce yourself to other attendees. Make a habit of doing this to the people to those around you before a session starts. Another way to do this is to approach someone at the same session as you who may have asked a question that you have interest in too. Ask if they have a few minutes to discuss their question in more detail.
- Free Stuff. Typically, in the developer zone there is a kiosk offering many free books and reference materials. Take advantage of the learning materials you can bring home with you.
- Don’t Forget to Eat. Dreamforce provides lunch and breakfast most days, but its very easy to get caught up and not eat.
- And last but not least, HAVE FUN! Download the PartyForce app, a guide to the best parties happening during Dreamforce. Get party details, see who’s actually there, view live party photo streams, check-in to places, and push updates instantly to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Seriously, even at these entertaining social events you will meet some great contacts, and maybe even discover a new client or business partner who just happens to be standing right next to you.
We look forward to seeing you there!